Thursday 29 November 2012

Building Update - Same Shit Different Day



I wrote to Breamar (the management company for Alexandra Tower) in the last couple of weeks and here are some excerpts from that email:

As we know, it’s pretty much two years to the week that Thomson and Moulton were relieved as managing agents and if I had to put money on the next outcome, it will be that Zolfo will once again pin the blame on the managing agent and move on without making good on the promises they made 4 years ago? This helps nobody and to be honest, I’m sick to death of Zolfo dodging the issue.

It just seems as though there has been a shift towards a different kind of tenant now, from professional / working people, in need of parking spaces to students who couldn’t really care about the building (and its problems) and have no need for parking either. Two birds one stone so to speak.

This is now 4 years of unresolved issues and despite the assurances from Zolfo that “what ever is necessary will be done” (re the car lifts) some 3 years ago I’m sure you can understand my scepticism? Same with the safety of the glass cladding which is unofficially safe, but yet the unsightly safety scaffolding is still in place two years on?

As such, in respect of parking, I now park my car a mile away at a friend’s whom has a space but no car because I have no faith in the car lifts

Having to park my car a mile away isnt acceptable and low and behold, the first time I use the parking space I am paying for at the building, last weekend and one of the lifts was out so same shit, different day is a phrase that speak to mind with this building.

In answer to  a comment today "is it still worth avoiding this building?" I would say that the building has so much potential is in a great location but the people behind the scenes clearly dont give a shit about the quality of the building. Zolfo had not made good on a single promise they made 3 years ago and it seems, are more than happy to have a revolving door of tenants and not look to spend money on improving the building and look to build long term tenants.

If I had a choice of moving in to this building today I wouldnt move in but circumstances mean I cant really move just yet

No comments:

Post a Comment